Ode to Lava Lamps

I love lava lamps.
Gotta love 'em.

Always have.

Maybe
I'm just a product of my generation….
So simple, so GROOVY,
so ebb and flow,
letting go
Of all the stuff that
Clogs the soul….

Besides, sometimes
I feel like
embracing my "inner amoeba,"
ya know, and just stare
off into space,
drifting in and out of
businesslike relevance.

A "lava" state of mind, if you will….

It's hard not to smile,
just for a little while,
so hard not to be entranced
by all the positive,
glowy warmth
of the float-drift-and
fall into the cozy,
enthralled
by that
illuminated blob
in a tube.

Stretching,
reaching,
spreading
that gooey bit
of happy and
peaceful,
not giving a damn
about deadlines
or gossip, or
"what do they think"

Don't THINK
Take a break,
back away from the desk
Take a deep breath,
and just drink of
that rich, tubey,
trance-like
you'll be.
Lovin' that free
Kick back, and be….

Soak up that feeling of
ooh la la lava.

Don't bother me,
I'm getting my lava on now….

Written by Eliza Jane Farley Gomez
9/14/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Walking in the Rain