Mirror, Mirror

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
can you tell me where I am?
I've gone and lost myself somehow
don't know if I’ll get back again.

Get back to where I actually knew
and felt and lived where I belonged.
Where life was simple, good, not cruel
or missing everyone else.  Just wrong.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
can you show me how I am
here? They've gone. I'm alone now.
Don't feel I can begin again.

Begin to feel I actually know 
and feel. and live. Where I belong.
My life uninterrupted…no,    
it seems those days are long since gone.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
can you show me when I am
supposed to get a clue--right now?
Don't know when I'll feel me again.

Begin to feel myself allow,
relax, unwind, let my guard down
just enough for it to show
before the tears come crashing down.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
can you show me what I am
trying to do--as if you know.
DON'T tell me it’s all right again.

Begin to be all right with all
this constant change, its ebb and flow
and knowing where I turn to call
upon You, searching high and low

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
can you show me who I am?
I’ve truly lost my mind, I think--
don’t imagine I’ll find it again.

Begin to find another me
beneath the chopping of the waves.
A me that’s truer, that can be
braver, speaks up, misbehaves

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
can you show me why i am
so different, change. I'm not the same.
Don't worry--I'll be fine again.


Begin to what? Who? How? Where? When?!!
Well?? I'd really like to know....
Ugh, why do I bother!? ANSWER ME!
Stupid mirror, I've got to go....








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied

Walking in the Rain