Needs

Another oldie revisited and reworked....from forever ago, it seems ;)  Enjoy!! EG

I needed to come here
to clear through the haze of my thoughts.
To reach out and scratch your whiskery jaw,
to see gold bits dance in the depths of your eyes--
the gold of the heart of a good man.
And a good friend.

I needed to stretch here
To grab myself from within.
To reach out and rub your weary head,
to cradle you in my arms,
to melt with the heat of your lips--
the heat of the heart of a good man.
And a good friend.

I needed to lie here
to feel alive again.
To reach out and tug on the back of your neck,
to lick the pulse of your skin with my tongue,
to revel in the cool thick of your hair,
to moan in the strength of your hands--
the strength of the heart of a good man.
And a good friend.

I needed to see here
to see where my life should go.
To reach out and finger the cleft in your chin,
to drown in the green of your life,
to curl my toes in the soothe of your voice,
to splay my fingers across your chest,
to smile at the fullness of your laughter--
the fullness of the heart of a good man.
And a good friend.

I needed to be here
to know what's out there for me.
To reach out and smooth the day from your back,
to snuggle alongside you in bed,
to memorize your profile in the car,
to giggle as you tickle my knees,
to sigh as you tighten your arms around me,
to tingle at the throb of your heart against mine,
to linger in the wisdom of your embrace--
the wisdom of the heart of a good man.
And a better friend.

(Original draft 8/11/96, rev. 6/8/2015)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied