Snap


Do you hear thatSnap!
to it
Just do it!
Just jump up
and feel it--
snapping sound
all around--
snap in your head
snap in your feet
snap in your smile,
disguise now complete.
Snap those fingers,
c’mon now--
Snap, Snap!!
Feel it-
snap again
behind the eyes--
Snap!
Crackle and
Pop goes my mind--
leaving me blind,
like already-been-chewed
and-left-behind gum.
Pull it off
the bottom of my shoe
stretch it,
twist it,
let it all go….
Feel it all snap
in my brain
back in place,
but not the same--
stretched tight,
torn,
frayed and
worn.
All played out.
Hard to think
yet alone blink
in this tank,
drawing a blank
in this bubble
with all that snappinggoing on--
Can’t you feel it?
Grabs me here
jabs me there,
snapping, snapping
everywhere!Pinches, smacks,
it stings a bit--
bite back tears
Can’t handle it.
Snap, snap--
Hello?
You there?
So easy to snap,
snap and snap again
Easy now…
Ease on down into
the Here and Now.
Holy cow!
Insane--
I mean, wow.
You ok?
Fine. 
I’m just fine.
Snap!
Just like that....

Written 8/24/12 by
Eliza Jane Farley Gomez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Walking in the Rain