Temporarily "Untitled"

Happy Friday--T.G.I.F! 
I wrote this trying to capture the sensation of slowing everything down, trying to fall asleep, and the noises, sensations, distractions that eventually blend away......
Originally titled this one "Bedtime" but not too sure--would welcome any suggestions on a title for this poem, feel free to email me or post a comment, Thanks for reading! :)  Eliza

In bed.
Restless mind wandering
throughout day passed.
Body first tenses,
sensing, tingling, rebelling
at the cool, crisp passive
of sheets that ease me
into familiar warmth
of bed.

Shreds of conversations
mix with feeling,
colors racing past
closed, fluttering eyelids
in fast forward dim
the sudden swishes splashes
of passing cars and
scratching branches.

Rainfall statics
on outside awnings as
I dig deeper undercover
for peace. And quiet.
My mind slowly softens
noise and image,
giving into floating
and dancing
in the darkening
shadows of room.

Written by Eliza Jane Farley Gomez
2/17/12

Comments

Post a Comment

OK, y'all have been kind enough to "hear me out"& n stuff, so let me know whatcha think, if I've rattled yer cage, voiced a shared thought or concern, or if you're gonna attain Enlightenment upon reading these DEEP THOUGHTS, or if ya think I'm just plumb WACKO--but please be decent in your expression of your sentiments, there's no need to sling mud, unless we're in POTTERY CLASS or at the BEACH! Thanks for reading n stuff...Laters!

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

OK, What exactly does "It is what it is" mean??!!!!