A Simple Lullaby

Note:  I wrote this quite awhile ago, probably about a year or so before Ben and I got married...so that would be probably 12-13 years ago...always loving music, singing all over the place, I've longed for the day to be able to sing my little ones (still waiting, praying, hoping, and dreaming).  Both my mom and dad used to sing to us growing up, from Mom singing us "The Apple Juice Song" to Dad bellowing out in his rich bass his favorite hymns to wake us kids up for Seminary.  I had a dream one night and woke up humming this soothing little melody--so I had to sit down and put some words to it.  A few minutes later I had me a simple little lullaby for babies of my dreams.  Sweet dreams!


Sleep, my baby,
sleep, my child.
Mamma's here
for quite a while

In the mornin'
I'll kiss your smile.
Now, sleep, my baby,
sleep, my child...

Sleep, my baby,
sleep, my dear.
Mamma's here,
so don't you fear.

In the night
I'll hold you near.
Now, sleep, my baby,
sleep, my dear.

Sleep, my baby,
sleep, my love.
God is watching
Up Above.

He knows all
you're dreaming of.
Now, sleep, my baby,
sleep, my love.

Comments

  1. sweet tears of happiness and joy! Liza I love reading your blogs....I soooo love this lullaby...ever consider writing a book? I know how you feel Liza.....HE KNOWS YOUR HEART.....one day....your miracle will happen....LOve you Liza!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Monika, I'm working on collecting things now--always wanted to publish my poems and also write a separate book (have a few topics in mind, but mostly want to write about my mom's journey)....you're awesome :) THANKS!!!!!
    Hugs,
    E

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OK, y'all have been kind enough to "hear me out"& n stuff, so let me know whatcha think, if I've rattled yer cage, voiced a shared thought or concern, or if you're gonna attain Enlightenment upon reading these DEEP THOUGHTS, or if ya think I'm just plumb WACKO--but please be decent in your expression of your sentiments, there's no need to sling mud, unless we're in POTTERY CLASS or at the BEACH! Thanks for reading n stuff...Laters!

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied