Possibilities

This is my attempt to follow suit with Robert Lee Brewer's "Wednesday Poetry Prompt: #122" on his "Poetic Asides"  for today (which link is listed below so you can get a better idea of why I wrote a sonnet today).  His theme for the prompt was to write a poem based on using the following theme--"one of these days"....can be found at:

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/2011/02/09/WednesdayPoetryPrompts122.aspx

Here's my attempt of using the theme, both as a theme, as actual/literal lines, incorporating them into a Shakespearean Sonnet--enjoy :)

One of these days you’ll read me on the page
one morning, wonder how it is I seem
to share feelings so freely and un-cage
those inner monologues of deferred dream.

One of these days you’ll hear me in your ear
melodizing memories, humming lull-a-byes,
unstick self from "been-there- done-that" career,
exploring nooks, feel crannies with closed eyes.

One of these days you’ll smell me in a room
and wonder if I taste of sunshine through
just after a shower falls mid- afternoon,
soaking up possibilities of "we," too.

How or when those days will actually be
remains all part of the fun--life’s mystery.

 
Written by Eliza Jane Farley Gomez
Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied