Just Right

(For My Midnight Sun....)

Cuddle me close a little longer
into your chest, and hold me tight;
smile against my half-closed eyelids,
kiss my freckles soft and light.

I've never dreamed in all my lifetime
I could feel love deep as this.
I am complete, I am at peace--you
have giv'n me this most priceless gift.

Your rugged hands stroke back the day's tears
and hold mine gentle in the night.
You sing to me 'til I am laughing
and twirl me, dance with me just right.

I thank God each day for you--I found you--
my true soul mate and dearest friend.
I blush and giggle when I realize
our love's forever and will never end....

Written by Eliza Jane Farley Gomez
October 4, 2008; rev. February 3, 2011

Comments

  1. Because this poemage I wrote has 16 lines (and therefore is a short poem but NOT a sonnet, which has 14 and happens to be in iambic pentameter, which my poemage does not); AND, since this poemage is about love, this made me think back upon one of my all-time FAVORITE poets, E.E. Cumming's famouse poem "Since Feeling is First" and I had to share for everyone to remember and enjoy this Valentines' Day/Season n stuff:

    since feeling is first
    since feeling is first
    who pays any attention
    to the syntax of things
    will never wholly kiss you;

    wholly to be a fool
    while Spring is in the world

    my blood approves,
    and kisses are a better fate
    than wisdom
    lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
    - the best gesture of my brain is less than
    your eyelids' flutter which says

    we are for each other; then
    laugh, leaning back in my arms
    for life's not a paragraph

    And death i think is no parenthesis


    e. e. cummings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OK, y'all have been kind enough to "hear me out"& n stuff, so let me know whatcha think, if I've rattled yer cage, voiced a shared thought or concern, or if you're gonna attain Enlightenment upon reading these DEEP THOUGHTS, or if ya think I'm just plumb WACKO--but please be decent in your expression of your sentiments, there's no need to sling mud, unless we're in POTTERY CLASS or at the BEACH! Thanks for reading n stuff...Laters!

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied