Burn Baby Burn

(It's not enough
to burn in silence,
to tell or show no one.)

Burning, burning, burning
spirit's ember glowing through,
sparks igniting blue in my eyes.

How can I see,
when all I feel is the
blinding blaze that consumes me,
enraptures me,
brands into my mind
the swiftly passing time.

Unhealed wounds let the
spiritual lava leek,
ooze, sear them shut.

How can I be glowing?

I feel the molten heat,
creepy- crawl along my spine,
sizzle, flow up
from my toes, out my nose.

The magma waves pounding,
punching through my mortal cave
that's my chest....

Is this some kind of test,
to see how long I can last?

Feel that steam building fast,
rising higher and higher
to a fever pitch that
only my inner cat can hear.
Frenzied locomotive whistles,
wails, and, screaming,
shoots up from the heart
and out into the open,
evaporating upon contact with
the cool, outside.

Away
from this.
This deep organic churning
that's burning me up inside,
I can hide it no longer in this
daily bushel, this whatever
this is.

Mind clears, senses sharpen
into the air all around me....

How can I say
what I long to be able to tell--
when saying doesn't even begin
to cut it--not with a knife, axe, or
for the life of me.

There are no words
to describe this
.

This burning rush pressing,
pushing, twisting,
writhing, wriggling meaning
through my beautifully stretchmarked skin,
freckled by the kiss of the sun,
worn and softened by
the love of my life
and the joy
that is being myself.

Cooling off, down,
crusting over the difference
Outter layers of yester-me
crisping, flaking off, gradually
giving way to the red-hot,
newborn inner me-to-be
yet to be revealed.
Not blistered or peeling, but
new.

I wish my lungs could hold
enough air, just long enough,
and not explode,
but give me strength
to let soul truly sing the song
that stirs my blood into
blushing out loud,
glowing bright and bold
for those whom I love,
free, tall, and proud,
lifting the force of pure feeling
off my chest,
letting me rest
panting--catch my breath--

Would you give me a moment.
Ahhh....


Burning alive never felt so great--
consumed by this,
this whatever it is,
even with eyes closed
I cannot sleep,
not a wink, tormented,
wrestled and whipped by
Passion's Truth
even in my dreams.

Awakened mind
dragging my body behind,
buzzing, rekindling,
reminding me
into knowing
that I still
burn, baby, burn

and always will

Written by Eliza Jane Farley Gomez
Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied