Spreading Christmas Joy--Even at the Food Court :)



As holiday shopping kicks up a notch with each passing day, folks tend to get a bit more stressed, watching their spending especially THIS year, "making those lists, checking them twice, gonna find out who's naughty and nice" :::thinking 'HMPH, BAH HUMBUG' as I unwrap my Emergency chocolate, take aim with my piece of coal, and chuck it at the trash bin in my office::: 

After all, 'tis the Season, right?

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...." 
"Santa, Baby, just slip a sable under the tree for me, been an awful good girl."
"Deck the Halls, 'Tis the season to be jolly--Fa-la-la-la laaaa-la-laaaaah-la-laaaaaaa", and all that good stuff....

OK--Yeah yeah yeah, that's great and all. Now please move a little farther so I don't peg you with my charcoal or candy wrappers.  Hey, I'm being NICE and not NAUGHTY--you gotta warning :)

This year I just haven't had time to feel all "Christmas-ish." The tree?  Yup. Still in storage.  No lights, no glitter or tinsel; my folks don't have theirs up either--heck, I didn't even get around to put out any cute little snowman or the little decorations in my office like I usually do to be a bit festive at work.  What can I say--I guess I got the Christmas Blues, with everything going on this year.

So, when you hit the mall with the rest of the masses, grab a quick bite to eat while you sort through those receipts, give those aching footies a little bit of rest, and condense shopping bags to make room for the next frenzied round of shopping madness; the last thing you would expect to see would be a top-notch choral concert performance, right?

WRONG! 

Take a look at this, let the incredible spirit, joy and beauty wash over you as you watch, listen, and feel the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's "Messiah."
A-la-FOOD COURT STYLE. 
At Seaway Mall in the Niagra Falls/Ontario area, to be precise.

Right at home nestled between Chik-fil-A and Panda Express and the arcade. Niiiice.

Turn up the speakers, sit back, watch the expressions on the faces of all the folks totally taken by surprise by this "Food Court Flashing" when this choral group gets up on the tables, chairs, scattered all throughout the food court. 

In a word:  BRILLILANT!

As I freak out over leaving for Houston to be with my mom during her treatment, worrying about my dad holding up through this entire process, watching their home, juggling work, working on recovering from my annual dose of HACKING, and begrudgingly leave my amazing hubby (my main supplier of said emergency chocolate), my loving li' critter Nutmeg, and the comfort of our home even if it's just for a couple of days--

With rolling suitcase and briefcase in hand, I arrived all frazzled at the office this morning, already stressed out, a dear colleague and friend kindly shared this BEAUTIFUL YouTube video with me--and this hit me like a freight train. 
BAM!!!!

Made me Stop. 
Made me Watch. 
Made me Listen.
Made me Breathe.
Made me Step Back.
Made me Think.
Made me Cry. 
Made me Feel. 
Made me HEAR.
Made me Remember....

Get out of the frantic world of "ME ME ME"
Take a breath, marvel at this beautiful world,
even on an oddly rare, chilly, yet bright South Florida day.

Get into the joyful, peaceful season of "HIM HIM HIM"
and revel, soak up and GIVE THANKS
for all the blessings we've been given,
all the opportunities to experience life,
to bless others, spread joy, fill a need,
be a friend, give to the poor.

To LIFT UP YOUR VOICE,
no matter how large or small,
to PRAISE HIS NAME
and give a piece of Christmas Joy--
Even at the Food Court.

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!
HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!

Instead, work on rewriting those Christmas songs
to go more a little something like this:

"Santa, Baby, already got me
everything I need, indeed.

Don't need you to bring me a thing.
Santa, Baby, I'm such a lucky girl!"

OK, so it's not perfect--but it's classic me.
Call it a work in progress.

After all, aren't we all....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied