2010 First Presidency Christmas Devotional--"Seeing Christmas Through New Eyes"

I love listening to the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional,
and I look forward to it every year.  It fills me up with that warm,
gooey feeling, even if it's from a satellite broadcast.  Watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform, catching glimpses of panned shots of Temple Square superbly lit up and decorated, completely blanketed in snow...awww, it makes me remember way-back-when, when I lived out there for a stint as a college kid attending BYU ::sniff sniff, getting a bit misty-eyed:::... I just LOVE IT!

Listening to the First Presidency give their respective talks never fails to amaze me and marvel at the incredible power, simplicity, and love they convey in their words--each very different in their flavor; but, combined, make such a delightful spiritual feast of the sweetest flavor to my very soul.

This year, my favorite talk was from President Uchtdorf, and one of his quotes especially hit me:

"“If we look for the good, we can see this time of year with new eyes—perhaps even with the eyes of a child.”

This powefully tapped my heart--TAP TAP TAP! HEY, YOU THERE, LISTEN UP!--and refocused me on the positive instead of the potential challenges and adversity--something I'm dealing with in the journey of my mother's growing battle with cancer. 

There, sitting in our living room Sunday night, with Mom quietly watching along with Dad, we bathed in the spirit of truthfulness as President Uchtdorf's deep, melodious voice trembled with emotion as he taught and bore witness of the true spirit of Christmas to all of us. 

Even those of us 3,500 miles away sitting at home
in Sunny South Florida.
Even to my mom, who's not a member of our Church. 
We all could feel, hear, and see it--as with the eyes of a child. 

I only hope I can keep that through the Christmas season and throughout the year.

I couldn't resist posting the video of President Uchtdorf's message.
I hope you enjoy and pass along!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays,
and Peace, Love, and Joy to you all :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Walking in the Rain