Timed Out


Why do I get quiet time?
I'm not a child, you now.
Won't go sulk in the corner
because you don't wanna deal with it,
because you lost a voice for what's inside,
because you scared yourself and don't know
what to do with your sticky pizza fingers anymore.


Why do I get time out?
It's not fair, you know.
Won't go write rules down after class
because you don't wanna feel it,
because you lost the strength to do what's right,
because you psyched yourself out and don't know
what to do at recess anymore.


Why do I get nothing?
I'm still here, you know.
Won't run home and cry to Mamma
because you don't wanna fix it,
because you're afraid of letting go again,
because you shut yourself off and don't know
what to do after school anymore.


Why don't they teach stuff like this at school?

 
(Written by Eliza Jane Farley Gomez)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

OK, What exactly does "It is what it is" mean??!!!!