Never


Words never said.
Could never choke them out.
Bricks biling up at the base of my throat.
Funny how the wall fell--
don't need to hide anymore.
Flowing through free--
weightless, alive in my veins,
sizzling my tongue,
filling trembling mouth with
oneness of being.


Feelings never shown.
Could never strip them bare.
Winds whipping out at the backs of my legs.
Funny how the blanket fell--
don't feel cold anymore.
Shining through free--
glowing, hot in my mind,
searing my skin,
filling tearless eyes with
oneness of knowing.


Bodies never touched.
Could never hold them back.
Rains driving deep into the strands of my hair.
Funny how the clothes fell--
don't feel naked anymore.
Seeping through free--
glistening, washing my face,
licking my heart,
filling waiting arms with
oneness of having.


I can say them now.
I can feel them now.
I can touch them now.
Funny how things happen….


(Written by Eliza Jane Farley Gomez 7/20/96, rev. 7/26/10)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied