10 Years Later....



I wrote these two poems before actually seeing my husband, before meeting him face-to-face….
Yes, more than 10 years ago, falling in love online wasn't quite the norm as it has grown into being today.
In rereading these little poems today, on our 10th Anniversary,
I can honestly say my feelings have catapulted to a
completely different plane of emotional and spiritual depth.
Reflecting back on how crazy I was back then, taking a huge "leap of faith" in
Falling in love with someone sight-unseen, long-distance, across state lines
And totally just trusting my heart and the Spirit which kept prodding me forward,
I thank God each and every day that I trusted "in the Lord and leaned not into (my) own
Understanding" because He truly blessed me with one incredible man, my dearest
and truest friend and companion and lover. He blessed me with a love so deep and true
that healed me, brought great peace to my heart and soul, and clicked my other half snugly
Into place, making both of us whole. Benjamin, while these words are still very true,
They are a faint glimmer of the depth of what I feel that words completely eclipse yet heart and soul embody.
Thank you for loving me, for believing in me, and for being with me together forever….

Until Now….
Can you begin to know
how happy I feel...
Can you know this feeling too?
Can you begin to understand
how deeply I love you?
Can you begin to feel my
heartbeat that flies
as you meet it with
such magnificent words...
words I've never heard...
words I've never owned...
words I've never felt...
words I never believed to be real...
until now....
Can you begin to see your heart
softening me...
making me into what I need to be
for YOU....
I never knew....I never knew....
I never knew.
until now.
11/30/99

Twenty Minutes More
Twenty minutes more--
sighhhhhhinnnnggg
to keep dreaming
as i sleep,
sleeping you to me…
eyes go right thru me,
arms go around me,
skin sticks against me….
you linger in the air,
just out of reach--
not really there….
reaching.
reaching.
reaching....
I DO.
beseech thee--
give me
twenty minutes more,
before the alarm
can do any harm
to the magic I feel--
your
hot hands of steel
touch me and heal
EVERYTHING
that hurt before--
before i knew
how to deal with
the hand i've been given.
feeling.
feeling.
feeling....
i strrrretchhhhh
to hold heaven
in your eyes--
that seal
all our words
from the night before….
praying.
praying.
praying....
give me
twenty minutes more
more of that
heart-felt-and-tingled--
soft part
YOU
mingled with
ME
in the dark--
staying.
staying.
staying....
did you hear my
heart
pounding
at the start
of your words--
saying.
saying.
saying....
never leave me
stay
love and
keep me
just--
love me,
twenty minutes more….
11/30/99 rev. 4/23/08

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied