What's on YOUR mental ipod?

I don't know about you, but I've always fantasized about being the lucky gal who gets to research and create all the soundtracks, using amazing music from the variety of different genres--I mean, how AWESOME would that be to get to do that for a living??!!!! Honestly!!!!! Watching the movies, reading the script, going thru thousands of songs and scores, sampling which ones MAKE the on-screen moments JUST RIGHT. Mmmmmmm, THE PERFECT DREAM JOB....

I mean, I seem to be prone to making mixes and compliation discs (used to be tapes, back in the day--ok, so that's dating me a bit--WHO CARES!!!), sharing them with friends, especially cruising round in the car, with the sunroof open, blasting my mix-o'-primo-tunages to edjumacate the ignorant nameless drivers in the hopes of raising the musical awareness in S. Florida to a whole-new-level....

But, I digress (see, I warned you, I'm prone to it, so just humor me)....

OK, back to my original opening line...I was listening to my XM radio on the usual morning commute from Pompano Beach moseying on over to Dayyyyy-veeeee when an AWESOME song came on--"Ball of Confusion" by Love and Rockets. Of course, in typical tradition, I cranked it up, as that's the only way to properly listen to Love and Rockets, and I got to thinkin, which is always both adventurous, amusing, outrageous, and at times, dangerous....
K, take a deep breath here, maybe go grab a drink of somethin tasty, cuz the next paragraph is a bit long n ramblin n stuff (OK, so MOST of my stuff is simply ramblin, but at least I'm exercising "professional reader courtesy" and givin ya'll a heads up)....

If we think about it, we all have sort of a collection of songs that we relate to, associate with special or meaningful moments in our lives-- living soundtracks, if you will....songs from a first date, first dance, a great movie that you watch over and over and have totally memorized and seem to quote ad nauseum ("INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!")...to break-ups, wedding waltzes, silly moments dancing around your bedroom, singing to Los Lobos, romantic weekend getaways, road-trippin--("All I can say Is my life is pretty plain, I like to watch the puddles gather rain..."--M, that ring a bell??!!)...to music you remember from when you studied or lived abroad in a different dimension of your life (Beatles, Madonna's Like a Prayer, Roxette's "The Look," Acid House song--"Esta Loca" that still haunts me to this day!!!!)...and, of course, we all have our John Hughes moments when we have high school flashbacks that glorified the torturous experience and instantly replay Bon Jovi, The Smiths, The Cure, Front 242, Yaz, Erasure, New Order, and the classic Pretty in Pink, Some Kind of Wonderful, and Heathers soundtracks...and, who can forget Depeche Mode?!!!!! Ahhhhhhh :::exhaling,::::

So, years later, when you're pushing a cart thru Tarrrr-jayyyyy (i.e., Target), or sitting in the beauty salon or spa, stressing in the over-crowded waiting room for your doctor's appointment, or fuming while parked in rush hour traffic, and you catch one of the myriad of songs collected in your experiential musical archives, you're transported in time once again and you can simply "check out" for a moment...how blissfully wonderful!

Hmmm...so, have you really thought if you were to try to collect ALL the songs that have some sort of significance or importance to your life in some way, your entire life up to this point--what would be on it? Think about it. How eclectic would it be? If you look at the entire collection, looking carefully, would there be some sort of theme that you think this "soundtrack" or "playlist" would collectively convey about YOU to another listener?

Well, it's certainly something mighty interesting to think about.... I've shown you some of mine (just a VERY few)...SO, show me some of yours....:::rollin her eyes again, knowin some smartie-pants are gonna take that totally the wrong direction, but she can't help it, cuz it still sounds kinda kewl n stuff::::




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shave

Tongue-tied