Last Night

Another oldie revisited...again, from another chapter in my life....


I miss you.
I had that dream again
last night.
Whispers prickling,
tickling surrender into
the back of my neck.
So real I giggled in my sleep.

I miss you.
Warming flushes sweep
my thoughts, my face, my heart
at one wordless moment.
Trapped by the burning black
of your eyes.
So real I gasped into my pillow.

I miss you.
Searing, rhythmic velvet
tracing, teasing, tormenting
constant, gentle spirals of hot
everywhere.
So real I cuddle closer in bed to make it last.

I miss you.
Cradling me tight against you
and the low, hot roar of your bike.
Nuzzle my throat, my chest,
my hair in the salty breeze.
So real I breathe the fading warmth of the sunset.

I miss you.
Clearing the haze of memory
at morning's light.
Struggle to stay in your arms
at the beach awhile longer.
So real your smoky taste
lingers on my lips
As I lazily stretch awake.

I want that dream again.
I miss you.

Written by Eliza Jane Gomez
(1/11/96)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue-tied

Shave

Artists and Creative People can COMMUNIFICATE....